Thank you for your interest in Pacific Collegiate School (PCS).
PCS is an independent public charter school open to any student in 7th through 12th grade seeking a rigorous college preparatory education. Our aim is to prepare our graduates for the rigor of college-level work while we celebrate their personal and academic accomplishments in an open and inclusive community of learners. We also help our students enroll at the college that best fits their needs and aspirations, and we strive to give them the tools and understanding of themselves needed to thrive at whatever they choose to pursue in life.
Lofty goals? Yes, but we think we have a proven and successful approach. Here’s the bedrock of our acclaimed program:
• Exemplary, standards-based college preparatory and visual and performing arts education program
• Emphasis on international, cross-cultural, and technological education
• Classes in a rich variety of world cultures and four foreign languages
• Access by every PCS student to the same wide variety of Advanced Placement (AP) classes
• Innovative and nimble approach around meeting the needs of our students
• Small classes
• Staunch belief that students of all backgrounds can thrive academically and socially at PCS
• Extensive school-wide support network and a community of teachers, students, and families all committed to student success
• Positive social environment that is inclusive, respectful and diverse
• Close-knit culture that fosters camaraderie and mutual respect among students and teachers
• Teachers who are passionate and enthusiastic about the classes they teach
• Guarantee that every PCS graduate meets University of California and California State University entrance requirements
I enthusiastically invite you to learn more about PCS, and to join our community if it seems like a good fit for you and your family.
Principal, Pacific Collegiate School