Thank you for your interest in Pacific Collegiate School (PCS).
PCS is an independent public charter school open to any student in 7th through 12th grade seeking a rigorous college preparatory education. Our aim is to prepare graduates for the rigor of college-level work while celebrating their personal and academic accomplishments in a vibrant and inclusive community of learners. We also help our students to identify and enroll at the college that best fits their needs and aspirations, and strive to give them the tools and understanding of themselves needed to thrive at whatever they choose to pursue after graduation.
Lofty goals? Yes, but we have 20 years of successful graduates who attest to the benefits of a PCS education. Here’s the bedrock of our acclaimed program:
- Exemplary, standards-based college preparatory education, enriched with award winning visual and performing arts
- Staunch belief that students of all backgrounds can thrive academically and socially at PCS
- Teachers who are passionate and enthusiastic about the classes they teach
- Emphasis on developing international, cross-cultural, and technological skills needed for 21st century success
- Innovative and nimble approach to meeting the needs of our students, including small classes and personalized learning
- Extensive school-wide support network and a community of teachers, students, and families all committed to the success of every PCS student
- Opportunities to study a variety of cultures and four world languages
- Positive social environment that values inclusivity and diversity
- Close-knit culture that fosters camaraderie and mutual respect among students and teachers
- Access by every PCS student to the same wide variety of Advanced Placement (AP) classes
- Guarantee that every PCS graduate meets University of California and California State University entrance requirements
- Many ways for students to engage in the school community, including athletics, clubs, student governance, and a variety of extracurricular activities
- Opportunities to extend learning beyond the classroom via a field trips, community service, partnerships, internships, and independent study
I enthusiastically encourage you to learn more about PCS, and to join our community if it seems like a good fit for you and your family.
Maria C. Reitano, Ed.D.
Head of School, Pacific Collegiate School