We acknowledge and understand the following:
1. New projects must be approved in advance by the Community Service Coordinator or Principal. This is a legal requirement and one which protects students.
2. A New Community Service Project is a community service activity with an organization which is not listed in the Volunteer Centers of Santa Cruz County, Youth Volunteer Opportunity website www.scvolunteercenter.org or the list of additional approved agencies available on the PCS Website.
The undersigned acknowledge and understand the following:
1. The community service agency selection(s) is/are(was) our choice and was/were not mandated or assigned by PCS.
2. Unless otherwise mandated by law, PCS is not providing transportation to, from or during the community service activity. Transportation is the responsibility of the student.
3. We will obtain (have received) the written program description for the community service program we select(ed) from the listing provided by PCS.
4. Unless the program/community service activity is under the direct supervision of PCS Faculty/Staff, PCS has no responsibility for supervising the program/community service activity.
5. This form will serve as the Community Service Agreement form for the duration of your student's enrollment at PCS.